This is a very tasty, and healthy dish. And its not often you come across dishes that is both! And to top it off its very easy to prepare.
1. Chicken wings/thighs/legs – 4 thighs, and 8 drumsticks
2. For the marinade
1. Plain yogurt – 3 tbspn
2. Tandoori paste – 3 tbspn
3. Tandoori powder – 3-4 tspn
4. Red chilli powder or paprika – 1.5-2 tspn
5. Lemon juice – 1.5 tspn
6. Oil – 1.5-3 tspn
7. Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5-3 tspn
8. Salt - as per taste
1. Marinate the chicken with the ingredients given in the marinade section above. Let this sit overnight (or 24-48 hrs, longer the better).
2. Place the marinated chicken pieces on a wire rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil paper so the water and/or fat oozes out while baking. Grill/Bake at 400o F for around 20mins, you will notice the pieces beginning to blacken, then flip it over and bake for another 15mins. Then flip it over again and bake for additional 5mins. The chicken pieces will appear slightly charred (and that’s exactly how it should look!). Test if cooked, if not bake for additional minutes.
3. Enjoy with chapathi or pita!