Healthy and tasty! This is very easy to bake, and very nicely hides the fact that you have a vegetable in the muffin! This recipe was adapted from here.
- All Purpose flour –3 cups
- Baking soda- 1 tspn
- Baking powder – 1/2 tspn
- Cinnamon – 3 tspn
- Nutmeg – 1/8 tspn
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cups (I used 1.5 cups of brown sugar instead)
- Eggs –3
- Oil - 1 cup (olive or vegetable)
- Vanilla extract – 2 tspn
- Zucchini – 2 cups (I used like 3 cups)
- Salt -1 tspn
- Chocolate Chip (optional) – 1 cup (I used mini chips, which had the right amount of sweetness with each bite)
- Prepare the wet ingredients – beat eggs, mix in sugar, vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Lightly peel, and grate zucchini. Add this to the wet ingredients.
- Prepare dry ingredients – mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and/or nuts to the wet mix.
- Pour into 2 (already greased, and floured) bread pans or as I did 1 muffin tray, and one bread pan.
- Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes or till poking center portion with a toothpick comes out clean.