I love idlis! but for some God-only knows reason I am not able to get the batter right all times. And for this reason I always shied away from preparing idlis from scratch. So when I came across this recipe that used the words instant and idlis together I was curious. And when I noticed it was made from oats, and semolina I was excited to try it out. These are instant healthy idlis, that I would totally recommend. I enjoyed it with tomato chutney, and it was yumm!
This recipe was adapted from here
1. Instant Oats – 1.5 cups
2. Roasted Rava (Semolina)- 1 cup
3. Curd – 2 cups
4. Green chilli – 2, thinly sliced
5. Onion -1, chopped
6. Baking powder – ¼ tspn
7. Coriander leaves – 2 tspn, minced
8. Mustard seeds – 1tspn
9. Urad dal, chana dal – 2 tspn each
10. Carrot – 1, grated
11. Salt – to taste
13. Water – 1 cup
1. Whisk the yogurt, and add rava to it. Let it soak for 5 mins. Then add oats. Set aside
2. Heat 1 tbpsn of oil, add mustard seeds, urad, and chana dal, once the mustard seed splutters add onion, and green chilli. Let this cook till the onion becomes translucent. Add carrots, and let this cook for a minute.
3. Add this onion carrot mixture, cilantro, and baking powder to the oats mix. Add water, and mix them together.
4. Steam the idlis in a idli pot.
5. Enjoy with tomato chutney and/or sambhar.