1. Green peas – 6 cups
2. Green chillies – 3, chopped
3. Cumin seeds – 2 tspn
4. Cinnamon sticks – 3 small (1.5 inches)
5. Cloves – 4
6. Ghee – 2 tspn
7. Butter – ½ stick
8. Oil - 2 tbspn
9. Salt to taste
10. Basmati Rice – 6 cups
11. Optional - turmeric (1/4 tspn), kashmiri chilli (1 tspn)
1. Cook rice in a rice cooker, else just cook it in a vessel with sufficient water. Make sure it does not get overcooked.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the cinnamon sticks, and cloves. After around 3-4 minutes (after the cinnamon sticks opens up), add the cumin seeds.
3. Then add in the green chillies, and ghee. After a minute or two add the green peas (mutter), and butter. If you are using peas that needs to be cooked, add little water (1-2tspn), and cover and cook.
4. When you see a "dent" in the peas, it means it is cooked.
5. Add salt. This is optional, but you may add turmeric, and kashmiri chilli powder at this stage. Stir, and turn the heat off.
6. Once the rice has cooled down, add this peas mixture to it. Take care while mixing it together, as you don’t want it to get too mushy!
7. Enjoy rice with some curry on the side.