These days whenever I find, fresh looking okra in the grocery store, I start filling up my bag. I have begun to love this dish. This dish is very easy to prepare, and goes very well with rice, or paratta.
- Okra (aka lady finger), 1.5 pounds, cut into 1inch pieces.
- Onion, 1 medium, thinly sliced
- Cardamon-3, cloves-4, peppercorns-5, Cinnamon- 2inch stick
- Coconut milk, 1 can
- Tomatoes, 2, chopped
- Tomato paste, 2 tbspn
- Coriander powder, 2tbspn
- Turmeric powder, ½ tspn
- Heat oil in a vessel, and add the chopped okra, and fry it. This step prevents the dish from getting too sticky, by keeping the okra intact.
- Spoon out the fried okra, then in the remaining oil, add everything given in ingredient list step3.
- Then add the sliced onion pieces, and saute till light brown. Add the turmeric, coriander powders, fried okra, and the tomato paste. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add the thinner part in the coconut milk, and chopped tomatoes. Let the curry cook for 5-10mins.
- And in the end, add the thick part of coconut milk, and cook it at low flame but do not let it boil.