Tomatoes are rich in carotene lycopene (a natural antioxidant) which is believed to have many health benefits . Now you can enjoy them in this tasty, and easy to put together dish.
- Tomatoes – 7 medium, washed, and cubed
- Onion - 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic- 5 cloves, minced
- Ginger – ¼ inch, minced
- Dry red chillies- 6
- Pearl onions – 4, chopped
- Curry leaves – 6-8
- Mustard seeds- 2 tspn
- Oil – 2 tbpsn
- Heat some oil in a vessel, fry 3 dry chillies, ginger, garlic, and onion pieces.
- Once this is cooked (slightly brown), add the chopped tomato pieces. If you want you can add a little water (1/2 cup) at this point. Cover and cook the whole tomato mix.(Remember to cover, since this mix is thick, and when it starts boiling, it will splutter in all directions)
- After about 15mins, take it off the flame, and let it cool down. Once cool, grind the mixture to a smooth puree.
- In another pan, heat little oil (2 tspn), splutter the mustard seeds, and fry the pearl onions, remaining dry chillies, and curry leaves.
- Add this mixture to the tomato puree.
- Mix them together, cover and cook it for another 2-3 mins