I love this dish since it is very easy to cook, and it tastes great!
- Catfish, 2kg, cut and cleaned
- Ginger, 150gms, minced
- Garlic, 6 cloves, minced
- Green chillies, 3, minced
- Shallots, 4, minced
- Cocum, 5 pieces
- Curry leavs, 5-6 leaves
- Eastern fish masala, 5tbspn
- Coriander powder, 2 tbsp
- Kashmir Chilli powder, 1tsp or depending on how spicy you want it
- Oil, 4 tbsp
- Heat some oil in a pan, (you can sputter some mustard seeds at this point, but I did not use any), then add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cocum, curry leaves to the oil. Stir and let it cook.
- Take some warm water in a bowl, and add the fish masala, coriander powder, and the kashmiri chilly powder and mix together.
- Once the garlic mixture in the pan is lightly brown, add the masala mix to it.
- Increase the heat, and let it boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add the fish pieces. Make sure all the fish pieces are immersed in the curry. Cover and allow to simmer, 10-15minutes.